Yard Gard is an electronic pest control device and animal repeller. Yard Gard keeps any unwanted animal away – from small mice to large deer – with ultrasonic (nearly silent-to-humans) technology. Ultrasonic pest control uses high-frequency sound waves that irritate and intimidate pest animals, making the affected area inhospitable.
- Repel mice, squirrels, deer, raccoons, rabbits, feral cats and more
- Built-in motion detector activates when pests move into coverage zone
- Discreet electronic pest control for yards, decks, and patios
- No more traps or pesticides – safe to use around children and pets!
- Ultrasonic pest control device covers up to 4,000 sq. ft.
Electronic pest control is simple, affordable, and eco-friendly. Whether you're trying to keep one animal away, or a variety of species – Yard Gard animal repeller works.
Item # YG
–Marianne B. from Willow Grove, PA 3/4/2013
For 20 years, I bought all kinds of squirrel and raccoon repellers. They had been destroying the bird feeders I regularly hung in my yard. In desperation, I bought the Yard Gard, concerned that if I cut down the raccoon visits I might lose the birds in the process. Yard Gard has done the trick - more than we ever dreamed possible! I am only sorry I didn't discover this about 20 feeders ago!
–Linda from St. Paul, MN
I had such a problem with raccoons in my fountain. I couldn't even enjoy my new backyard because I was cleaning droppings out of the fountain every day. Cayenne pepper works, but you have to apply it every day and if you miss one day, watch out - poop - which smells really bad! After reading the Yard Gard product description I wondered if it really works but decided to give it a try. Believe me, THIS THING REALLY DOES WORK! I have not had any more problems with raccoons and am finally enjoying my back yard!
–Linda from FL
Problem: dog poop in my front yard every day for two weeks. Solution: from the day I started using the Yard Gard, my problem with thoughtless neighbors who were allowing their dog to poop in my front yard COMPLETELY ENDED! This product was worth the investment.
–Sahar from Queens, NY
We purchased this item for cats. Our neighbor has about eight cats, some of which are strays. They would constantly come over and use our yard and front porch as their potty. We purchased the Yard Gard and it works FANTASTIC. The cats are no longer coming over and our neighbor is also pleased.
Short and to the point: Yard Gard works! For years, we've had a problem with raccoons getting into our garbage. In fact, one time I had a Rubbermaid garbage can with a snap lid and a bungee cord holding the lid on. The next morning I woke to see that the can was toppled over and the garbage pulled out. I put the Yard Gard on the steps next to the garbage can and nothing has disturbed our garbage since. In fact, I decided to really test it and I left a can, without a lid, and some tempting food scraps sitting right on top. Nothing got into it! I love this thing!
–Laulin from MI
I bought the Yard Gard Bird X to keep a neighbors dog from defecating on our lawn. As soon as I put the device outside, it immediately deterred the dog. Since I live in a deed restricted community I cannot mount it on a post, etc. so it still works while placed on the ground!! I am so relieved that it works because my neighbor would not do anything to change the dog's bad habits. We are no longer speaking to that neighbor but at least our lawn is free of dog poop! I am going to try it out next on the moles ruining our lawn!! If it can deter them then this is the best thing ever invented. Worth every cent that I paid it.
–Colleen S. 1/5/2012
- Deters pest animals with ultrasonic (nearly silent-to-humans) sound waves
- Built-in infrared motion detector activates when pests move into its coverage zone
- Continuous or motion-sensor operation modes
- Mount Yard Gard anywhere with keyhole slot
Target pests include: deer, raccoon, rabbits, squirrels, skunks, opossums, armadillos, rodents, feral cats, etc.; also bats and more.
Effective coverage up to 4,000 sq. ft.
Recommended for use in small outdoor areas, semi-enclosed areas and some indoor space, including:
- Yards, lawns, gardens
- Patios & porches
- Garages, basements, attics
- Boats & marinas (deter sealions)
- Save yards, lawn, gardens, etc. from pest damage
- Increase/maintain property aesthetics
- Decrease nuisance
For maximum, sustained success in your bird control efforts, a synergistic approach is recommended. Synergy is the interaction of two or more forces producing a combined effect that is greater than the sum of their individual effects. We often recommend companion products – combining sonic repellent devices with visual scares or scent and taste aversions. This kind of multi-sensory attack is extremely effective in deterring pest birds from an area permanently.
Power Cord 110v (30 ft)
Power Cord 220v (30 ft)
Power Cord 240v (30 ft)
- Dimensions: 7” x 6” x 4”
- Box dimensions: 10" x 8" x 4" / Shipping weight: 3 lbs
- Coverage: Up to 4,000 sq. ft.
- Motion Sensor Range: 35’ x 70’
- Frequency Range: 15 – 25 kHz (adjustable)
- Sound Pressure: 90 dB @ 1 meter
- Working Current: <200mA
- Power Supply: 4 x 1.5v “C” batteries or 120 VAC adaptor. Other voltage adaptors should be purchased locally. Unit switches to battery power during a power failure (if batteries are in).
- All versions of AC Power Cord are 30 ft
- Electricity Costs: less than $0.25 per month
- EPA Est. 058480-TWN-001. CE marked