This holographic foil bird tape is designed to to utilize sight and sound to scare birds away from the area. This visual scare product goes by many names including Irri-Tape, foil tape, flash tape, bird tape, repeller ribbon, mirror tape, reflective tape, mylar tape, holographic tape and more.
- Iridescent material shimmers in the sunlight, disorienting pest birds
- Foil tape makes metallic noises as it flaps in the wind, threatening birds
- Simple, cost-effective, and easy to install
Bird tape is often used in agricultural applications like farms and vineyards. Drive through Napa Valley during harvest season and you will see Irri-Tape holographic tape flapping in the wind, protecting rows of grapes at almost every vineyard.
*This product is not suitable for saltwater applications – please select a different visual scare.
Item # TAPE
There is a flock of lake gulls that nest on the roof of the big warehouse across the street from our facility. The flock has been swarming around the area and dive-bombing people in our parking lot as well as the neighboring facilities. Not to mention they are crapping all over our cars. It’s a little like the movie “The Birds”!
So yesterday afternoon, I strung Irri-Tape around our front entrance as well as along the main parking area, and those gulls have completely stayed away from our building! This morning as I pulled in, they were wreaking havoc across the street, but were not coming anywhere near our side of the street. That’s some powerful stuff! Thanks again!
–Jordan from Cleveland, OH
Woodpeckers no longer a problem. About four years ago, woodpeckers were drilling holes in our vacation house. We bought some Irri-Tape and have installed it every year since and haven't had issues with woodpeckers since. No more holes in our house!
–Jennifer From Truckee, CA
We live in an apartment on the East China Sea in Japan. Our house is barely a 1/2 mile from the water's edge and the pigoens love our balcony! The Irri-Tape is wrapped to hang along our balcony and shines reflectively against the sun and makes noise against the wind. Works great! We've tried a fake bat, owl, snakes, even WD-40 on the balcony - you name it! Our balcony has been pigeon and poop free for a year now. We have had to replace it after the "winter" and typhoon season beacuse the reflectiveness wears off in wind and rain after a while - but little problem and work for us to keep these nasty birds away!
–R. Gray from Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
We had a SERIOUS bird problem. The poop was EVERYWHERE: patio, pool, outdoor furniture, etc... I ran several cris-crossing fishing lines from trees in our back yard to the house eves and then ties 3 foot streamers of Irri-Tape every 10-12 feet along those fishing lines... This created a canopy of about 30 or so streamers 15 to 20 feet above the ground covering our entire patio and pool area. The before was daily cleaning with many many droppings.... and now NOT ONE BIRD dropping in over a year! OUTSTANDING product. You will have to replace seasonally because the holographic pattern fades and the mylar tape does break (from whipping in the wind), but that is a VERY small price to pay for the end result!
–Timmothy S. from New York City, NY
We have swallows that were trying to nest in an alcove above our front door. As a result, they would try to build nests and be protective over "their" turf. This was not okay since we have a young child and infants, I was not happy about being swooped on by the birds. We thought of pigeon spikes or a yard owl, but I see this shiny tape at vineyards nearby and thought I'd give it a try. Since I put up 8" strips near my front door, a tree in the front yard, and strategic areas in the backyard, the birds have gone away! I am so happy this inexpensive tool worked!
- Holographic, iridescent foil
- Visual scare – birds are scared of the material’s sheen, as the light causes constantly changing reflections
- Sound scare – birds are rattled by the fierce metallic noise as it blows in the breeze
- Physical deterrent – birds are blocked by the tape and its brackets on any surface
- Can be used alone or in combination with a sound device or a taste aversion
- Includes metal mounting brackets
- Irri-Tape uses metallic diffraction foil – while ideal for all freshwater applications, avoid use on or near saltwater.
Repels pest birds including pigeons, sparrows, starlings, crows, blackbirds, grackles, seagulls, swallows, woodpeckers, ducks, geese, predators, etc.
Recommended for use in any open outdoor area, or semi-enclosed areas with access to light and/or wind:
- Yards & patios
- Gardens & orchards
- Rooftops & balconies
- Parks & ponds
- Boat docks & private beaches
- Protect crops including orchards, fruit and vegetable gardens from bird damage
- Cut recurring cleanup and repair costs
- Protect buildings and equipment from corrosive bird droppings
- Reduce health and liability risks associated with pest bird infestation
- Prevent the spread of diseases, such as West Nile, Salmonella and E. Coli
- Avoid government and safety inspection failures
- Increase/maintain property aesthetics
- Decrease nuisance for residents, workers, customers, etc.
For maximum, sustained success in your bird control efforts, a synergistic approach is recommended. Synergy is the interaction of two or more forces producing a combined effect that is greater than the sum of their individual effects. We often recommend companion products – combining sonic repellent devices with visual scares or scent and taste aversions. This kind of multi-sensory attack is extremely effective in deterring pest birds from an area permanently.
|Bird Stop||BirdXPeller PRO||Super BirdXPeller PRO||BroadBand PRO|
- Dimensions: width 2”, thickness 2mm
- 100-ft box dimensions: 7" x 5" x 3'' / 2 lbs
- 500-ft box dimensions: 9" x 8" x 5" / 5 lbs
- Material: polyester
- Includes metal mounting brackets
- 100 ft.: Box dimensions: 6” x 4” x 3” / Shipping weight: 2 lbs
- 500 ft.: Box dimensions: 8” x 8” x 4” / Shipping weight: 5 lbs
- Proudly made in the USA