Developed with Decades of Research
Eliminates Goose Problems
Repels the most stubborn Canada Geese from outdoor areas. This one-of-a-kind system was developed using decades of scientific research involving the behaviors & vocal communications of Canada geese, this system employs authentic goose alert & alarm calls recorded in the wild (these are the only such recordings in existence).
- Audio makes areas uninhabitable for geese
- Geese learn not to return through behavior modification
- Customizable settings
- Completely humane
- Extremely effective in reducing & eliminating geese
- Each unit covers up to 7 acres (4-speaker system)
GooseBuster has been proven effective in numerous university-conducted field studies.
Item # GB
A big "Thank you" to Bird-X! We have had a problem for years with Geese in our picnic area. We ordered the Goose Buster just as a goose had made a nest and laid eggs. Each time the device went off the goose looked up nervously. Once the goslings were hatched they moved out completely! Thanks again!
–Bill from Southfield, MI
Geese are gone from our putting greens. We installed the Goose Buster on an island green where we had most of our problems with geese. An operator manned the unit and the results seem to be fantastic. I feel confident that we have finally won the battle against geese!
– Du P from South Africa
Effective and easy to assemble. It is early days but the Goose Buster seems to be very effective so far in discouraging the infestation of resident geese on my small island in a lake in Ontario. It is very easy to set up and the variety of the random distress calls should keep the geese guessing for quite a while. It might be good if it were possible to buy a recording of additional distress calls to add to the variety, since is suspect that after a while the geese will cotton on to the fact that the pre-programmed distress calls are repeating.
– L. McCaw from Canada
GooseBuster is based on decades of research into the behavior & communication of Canada geese by noted biologist Philip Whitford, Capital University Professor. Since 1979, Dr. Whitford has been studying Canada goose behavior & vocal communications, then presenting & publishing his findings. He holds a PhD in biological sciences in the field of animal behavior, as well as BS & MS degrees in wildlife management.
Dr. Whitford has obtained the only documented recording, anywhere, of the alarm call of Canada geese. This, along with the alert call, makes the GooseBuster the foremost goose repelling mechanism in the world.
- ‘Alert’ calls indicate uneasiness about potential danger; ‘alarm’ calls signify immediate danger
- Geese evacuate without waiting to identify the source
- Covers up to 7 acres
- Fully programmable – you control the settings; optional selection of coyote bark & gunshot sounds
- Device automatically prevents acclimation; calls differ in frequency, duration, & intervals; sound combinations, sequences & speakers change randomly to give a perception of troubled geese moving through many locations
- Weather resistant – NEMA type box is designed to withstand outdoor use
*Proven effective in university-conducted field studies:
Download the original research paper, Successful Use of Alarm and Alert Calls to Reduce Emerging Crop Damage by Resident Canada Geese, or an illustrated poster version presented at the Bird Strike North American Conference.
Effective coverage up to seven (7) acres (up to 21 acres from 2 units). Recommended for large, outdoor spaces experiencing goose infestations.
|Effectively Repels:||Ideal For Use At:
- Cut recurring cleanup & repair costs
- Protect landscaping, water quality, & property from corrosive bird droppings
- Reduce health & liability risks associated with pest bird infestation
- Prevent the spread of diseases, such as West Nile, Salmonella & E. Coli
- Avoid government & safety inspection failures
- Save parks, yards, corporate grounds, pools, ponds, & turf from bird damage
- Increase/maintain property aesthetics
- Decrease nuisance for residents, workers, & customers
For maximum, sustained success in your bird control efforts, a synergistic approach is recommended. Synergy is the interaction of two or more forces producing a combined effect that is greater than the sum of their individual effects. We often recommend companion products – combining sonic repellent devices with visual scares or scent & taste aversions. This kind of multi-sensory attack is extremely effective in deterring pest birds from an area permanently.
|Terror Eyes||Gator Guard||Bird Stop|
- Dimensions: Control Unit 9” x 9” x 5.25”, Speakers 10” x 8” x 5”
- Box dimensions: 25" x 19" x 7" / Shipping weight: 20 lbs
- Speakers: 8 ohms, 30 watts
- Power Requirements: 1 amp 110v or 220vAC adaptor, or 12vDC
- Cords: 110v cord is 50 ft / 220v & 240v cords are 6 ft
- Sound Pressure: 0–110 dB at 1 meter (each speaker)
- Frequency: 500–1500 Hz
- Compliance: Supply power source is UL, CUL & CE listed
- EPA Registration: EPA 62617-OR-001
- Body: NEMA type box
Please note 240v adapter option – UK style pins only. Unit will work with locally sourced 12v/240v adapters. Please contact customer service for other options.