< Back to Blog
8 Ways That Birds and Bird Droppings Cost Your Company Money
February 05, 2009 in Bird X Inc
8 Ways That Bird Droppings Cost Your Company Money
Birds and their droppings can cause a lot of damage. Here’s a short list of ways that birds and bird droppings can effect the bottom line in businesses.
- Wasted Personnel Time
- Time spent cleaning is a huge direct and opportunity cost
- Poor Quality/Negative Company Image
- Unsightly, bird-dropping-laden premises are bad for employees and customers
- Risk of Inspection
- OHSA, and other inspection agencies can cite, fine, or shut down operations for bird mess problems
- Risk of Disease
- Employees and Customers – over 60 diseases are associated with birds and their droppings
- Financial Liability
- Droppings from geese, pigeons can also create slip and fall hazards
- Machinery Downtime and False Alarms
- Birds and/or bird droppings can get into machinery and cause failures or false alarms
- Depreciation of Assets
- Acidic droppings shorten the life of valuable investments
- Product Waste
- Bird Droppings make products unsalable, eating into profits.
* Get an image next to your comment by visiting Gravatar.com and uploading a profile photo that links to your email address.