Bed Bug Facts
Bed bugs have crawled their way into every major city and are taking big bites out of the bottom line. Bed bugs can appear anywhere – not just in hotels, dorms and nursing homes, but also in offices, retail establishments, and public transportation – anywhere soft furnishings and people are available!
Check for bed bugs with Bed Bug ALERT Monitors:
- Active & Effective. Active lure attracts nearby bed bugs into the monitor & traps them
- Easy entry. Five low-rising textured entrances encourage bed bug entry & harborage
- Discreet. Small, transparent monitor slips discreetly under the mattress; anywhere bed bugs are suspected
- Safe. Secure plastic harborage withstands weight, pressure & moisture
- Easy-to-use. Clear viewing window makes it simple to check for bed bugs – no need to open the device
- Reusable. Check for bed bugs daily; monitor can be reinserted & reused
- Early detection. Attracts both adult bed bugs & 2nd instar nymphs
Bed bug monitoring – check for bed bugs to avoid infestation:
- Hospitality industry – monitor all rooms discreetly
- Business owners – detect bed bugs before your customers do
- Travelers – check for bed bugs in hotel and motel beds and keep a monitor in your luggage
- Families –check for bed bugs in hospital beds or long-term care facilities for loved ones
- Homeowners – check for bed bugs daily
The REAL COST of bed bugs:
- Visual or dog inspection can cost hundreds depending on the size of the facility
- Treatments/fumigation can cost thousands
- Replacing property such as furniture, linens, mattresses, carpets, curtains, etc.
- Medical expenses of those suffering from bed bug bites
- Legal fees from lawsuits filed by guests or employees
- Loss of reputation regarding the quality and sanitation of the establishment
- Being added to the online bed bug registry for all the world to see
More information about bed bugs:
Bed bugs are found in homes, apartments, dorm rooms, hotel rooms, airplanes, public transit seats, cars, & moving vans – pretty much anywhere they can find a human host. Bed bugs attach themselves to clothing & other belongings & are (unknowingly) transported to new locations.
Bed bugs are known to carry at least 27 agents of human disease, including the drug-resistant bacteria (or “superbugs”) MRSA & VRE, & even Hepatitis and HIV (according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Journal). Scientists are still working to determine the threat of transmission.