Agricultural Pest & Bird Control
Pest Birds Cost Crops Big
Agricultural crops are damaged worldwide by pest birds. Globally speaking, the most common agricultural pest birds include pigeons, crows, gulls, starlings, blackbirds, sparrows, grackles, geese, and woodpeckers, as well as common mynas, noisy miners, the white ibis, the bulbul, and many more. Every country faces individual bird challenges when it comes to agriculture, as birds are naturally drawn to food supplies and can quickly devestate crops.
Besides reduced yield, widespread damage can leave agricultural crops unsalable.
- Pest birds eat grain crops including corn, rice, wheat, rye, and most others
- Crows, blackbirds, and starlings eat all kinds of fruits including grapes, blueberries, cherries, apples, stone fruits etc.
- Pigeons and doves destroy legumes
- Pest birds and rodents eat newly-seeded and emergent crops
- Cormorants, heron, and other fish-eating birds reduce yields at fish farms
Agricultural Pest Control: Pest Birds
Food is obviously a powerful attractant. Effective methods of protecting agricultural crops include exclusion, taste aversion, powerful sonic threats and intimidating visual scares. For specially stubborn infestations, combine methods for greatest success.
- Protect valuable crops with exclusion bird netting – 100% effective everywhere is installed, netting keeps pest birds and other critters out while allowing sunlight and moisture in.
- Use powerful sonic devices such as the Super BirdXPeller PRO or the Mega Blaster PRO to repel birds across large areas.
- Treat grain, seed, table grapes, berry, pome, and stone fruit crops with biodegradable, food-grade Bird Stop prior to ripening.
- For the best control in large open spaces, the ProHawk UAV Drone is the most advanced solution.
- Install visual scares such as Terror Eyes or Irri-Tape to intimidate approaching birds.
- Protect emergent crops from pest geese with GooseBuster
- Treat ledges, beams, and surfaces in storage buildings with surface repellents such as bird spikes or Bird Proof Gel.
Agricultural Pest Control: Rodents & Other Critters
To protect storage sheds or small gardens from rodents and other critters, create an irritant scent barrier using Nature’s Defense: All-Purpose Animal Repellent granules. Nature’s Defense is a natural, 100% organic compound that is proven effective in keeping rodents, deer, and other pest animals away. Nature’s Defense granules deter 22 different species & are extremely resistant to rain and snow.
To keep rodents, bats and crawling insects out of farm houses, barns, stables, and other structures, use an ultrasonic device such as the Transonic PRO or the Transonic Bugchaser. To stop moles, gophers, and other burrowing pests, install the Transonic Mole.